Work-wise, it's been a heavy week for me. A bit stressful, to be honest. I once heard someone say that 80% of the things we worry about never come to pass. I don't know if that's true or not but certainly everything worked out for me in the end.
So here I am, it's Saturday and I put in my first run of the week this morning. I kept telling myself that I just couldn't get it together to go out running. Bed time just couldn't come fast enough these past few days.
But it really didn't have anything to do with fatigue. It had everything to do with my head.
I notice this morning as I was running the he wasn't with me. I guess you know who I'm talking about -that voice that appears in your head every now and again when you are out running. It says stuff like you don't really intend to keep this up for another five miles? Surely three will do ... ?
But he didn't appear once this morning. Well folks, that's the first time this week he hasn't been screwing up my running schedule.
Okay, I know there really is not little devil sitting on shoulder whispering temptations into my eye. Discipline is everything in running, it seems to me. And this has been a weak week for me.
Here's something I heard recently: 90% of running is psychological and the other 10% is all in your head.
Probably if I had got myself together and gone out running it would have been a better week. I still intend to run my training schedule before my 'running week' ends tomorrow, Sunday. Maybe my running guardian angel will appear and encourage me to new heights.
Let this be a lesson to me.