Monday, March 17, 2008

The Chicago Marathon

Hi Everybody!

I have added two competitions to my schedule this year. I will be running a 4 mile race with a friend. It is the Slacker. I ran the half-marathon last year, but my friend wants to run the 4 mile, so I will. You can find out about it here - http://www.slackerhalfmarathon.com/

I really think that I should run the half (for training), but sometimes friendship overrides these things.

The second confirmed and registered competition for me is my first full marathon. I am registered for and will be running the Chicago Marathon!

I am so looking forward to it.

I know that several people are planning on going. Do we have a head count yet?

7 comments:

Tom said...

What a great blog--shared by multiple runners. I co-blog with a running friend and it's a great way to stay enthused.

Hope your training and racing in Chicago goes well. I'm biased, but I think Chicago is the best marathon of them all.

Good luck!

Tom@runnerslounge.com

Susan said...

CONGRATS, Charlie!!! Count me in -- in some capacity!

Maddy said...

I'm in!

I can't wait to meet the "team"!

CewTwo said...

Well, I'm flying in on the 10th and out on the 14th! I'll be staying at the Congress Park hotel (near Grant Park).

I am so pumped for this marathon!

IrishBlue said...

Charlie,
I'm in! I think we will come in Friday too and leave Monday. No hotel arrangements yet though.

I'm pumped too!!

runninggeezer262 said...

Congratulations on your selection of the Chicago Marathon, a great event! I ran it in 2006, the cold year. I just did a post on my blog and mentioned the wonderful restaurant we ate at. It is called "Trattoria Roma", 1535 N. Wells Ave. A short cab ride from your hotel. Good luck with your training. The Chicago course is FLAT!

Anonymous said...

I have several open spots available for Charity Runners in the 2008 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Our organization is an official charity registered with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. We are looking for runners to join our team who are passionate not only about running, but also about helping the word's poor help themselves. Our approach is to provide micro-financing and business training to individual entrepreneurs in the developing world-- thereby enabling them to create sustainable income for their families and build their communities. We call it "enterprise relief". You can check us out at www.gba.org. Consider joining our Sudan Challenge. Availability ends soon. Thanks for your consideration and help!